Problem in output and comparison project- 1

Problem in output and comparison project- 1

akrj
Hi,
I am very nervous that i got stuck in my very first problem "Not.hdl Chip Implementation".
actually i tried to implement this very code

CHIP Not {
    IN in;
    OUT out;

    PARTS:
    Nand(a=in,b=in, out=w);
}
and after loading, during comparison i got this very result

and also my output's value doesn't change.
So, please help me! whatever is the problem whether implementation problem or something else.....

Re: Problem in output and comparison project- 1

ybakos
It's important to recognize that the Not chip's output, called out, is different from the Nand chip's output, which is also called out.

What have you wired to the Not chip's out? Nothing. But you have wired the Nand chip's out to an internal pin called w.

What should happen to the Nand gate's output?

Re: Problem in output and comparison project- 1

akrj
This post was updated on .
(thanks for quick reply..)
sorry, i didn't get it, would you please give me the implementation code..
actually i get difficult to figure out..(output)

Re: Problem in output and comparison project- 1

Read the Hardware Construction Survival Kit.

Specifically, look at the section HDL syntax and the meaning of "a=a".

The Not chip has an "out" pin just like the Xor chip in the figure. As ybakos said, you need to have something connected to that "out".

Also study Figure 1.6 which shows another implementation of Xor, including the HDL that corresponds to the figure's circuit.

Re: Problem in output and comparison project- 1

akrj
Thanks. your support was so much helpful.
Problem solved...