Program Counter error?

karmic
This post was updated on .
I made an hdl file for the program counter using a register as the storage unit and kind of having the same logic by which a DFF makes a 1-bit, just more complex.  But I can't access a pc till Monday for some reasons, and the last time I tested the hdl file it seemed to give an error during testing (didn't have time to edit it then). The circuit I created looks fine to me and I can't point out the error. Can somebody please help me?
The hdl file is:
(Removed)

Edit: if I'm on the right track/practically created the PC, can someone tell me any other implementations of the PC? (for broadening my horizons)

Re: Program Counter error?

Your PC is conceptually correct, but you have a few syntax errors in your HDL.

Inc16 does not have an input pin named 'a'.
You need to use 'true' and 'false' for 1 and 0 constants.

When you have your PC working, email it to me and I'll send back some alternative implementations.

Please edit your post to remove the [mostly] working HDL.

Re: Program Counter error?

karmic
Thanks Mark, it happens because I lack practice on a computer (don't have my own).
Also, didn't realize we can't put HDL in forums, thanks for pointing it out.

Re: Program Counter error?

Temporarily posting HDL like you did so that we can help you is fine. Some of the error messages can be quite obscure and their cause hard to find.

--Mark