Project11>ConvertToBinary- VM files match but wrong output in VM emulator

Project11>ConvertToBinary- VM files match but wrong output in VM emulator

kraftwerk1611
Hi,

My compiler is producing main.vm file that match exactly with the file generated by Jack Compiler but when loaded in VM Emulator, except for the first three RAM locations 8001-8003, I only see a sequence of '-1'.

Re: Project11>ConvertToBinary- VM files match but wrong output in VM emulator

kraftwerk1611
After closing and reopening VM emulator application few times. All seems to be working as expected.

ConvertToBinary done.

Re: Project11>ConvertToBinary- VM files match but wrong output in VM emulator

If you are running with animation off, you need to hit the stop button after closing the "program halted" message box to get the screen to properly update.

You can see a redraw problem in your screen shot -- note the VM code that's drawn on top of the Call Stack

I've also seen the VMEmulator get strange it you reload programs many times. I've gotten into the habit of restarting the VMEmulator at the least indication of oddness.

--Mark