Q about Mux4way16

yahavigal
Hey
I tried doing it this way:
- MUX16 between a & d
- MUX16 between c & b
- MUX16 between both of the answears

and i got a failure in line 7 (couldn`t see where the problem was because the screen doesn`t show the whole "compare" line)

can u HELP?
:)
YAHAV

Re: Q about Mux4way16

yahavigal wrote
Hey
I tried doing it this way:
- MUX16 between a & d
- MUX16 between c & b
- MUX16 between both of the answears

and i got a failure in line 7 (couldn`t see where the problem was because the screen doesn`t show the whole "compare" line)

can u HELP?
:)
YAHAV
Right idea but you don't have the Muxes connected correctly.

Use a text editor to look at Mux16.cmp (expected output) and Mux16.out (your output).

Re: Q about Mux4way16

yahavigal
I got only the A&D MUX16 working, and it doesn`t show that the other MUX16works as well...
I did both of the first MUX16 with Sel[0], and then the combined MUX16 with Sel[1].
maybe that is the problem?
In the MUX4way16.cmp there are 8 lines in each In (a,b,c...), and in my MUX4way16.out there are only 6 lines (the 10 and 11 are missing).

Re: Q about Mux4way16

The last line in your .out file shows the error. Compare it with the corresponding line in the .cmp file to see what is different.

The out column should be one of the a, b, c or d input values. The .cmp file will tell you which input should be selected. The .out file will tell you which input your mux selected.

From your description of your mux I suspect that you will find that b and d inputs are being incorrectly selected. It sounds like they are not connected to the correct Mux16 inputs.

Email me directly if you want more explicit help. (Become a registered member of the group and you can use More>Reply to Author.)

--Mark