Ram8 comparison failure

wjbonner
I am getting a comparison error when I run the test script for my Ram8 implementation.  I really don't see what I am doing wrong.  My basic logic is as follows (also, spoiler I suppose).

I have a DMux8Way that selects on address with an input of load, and possible outs corresponding to the loads of N registers.

I have a Mux8Way16 that selects based on the address, with inputs pinned to the outputs of a corresponding number of registers.

And obviously between the two I have N registers.

I really can't figure out where the error is.  I also noticed that when this script runs the Java console running in the background outputs some errors, which hasn't been normal so far from a comparison failure.

Re: Ram8 comparison failure

culchie
Everything you said sounds good.
I'd check the following, sorry if it's obvious stuff.
Is the 'in' of the Ram8 going to the 'in' of each of the registers
Is the 'out' from the Mux8Way16 going to the 'out' of Ram8
Are the 'outs' of the DMux8Way applied to the registers in the same order as the 'outs' of the registers are
applied to the inputs of the Mux8Way16

Re: Ram8 comparison failure

wjbonner
Yeah, the in for the chip is going to the in of each register, and the out from the Mux8Way16 is going to the chip out, and the outs of the DMux8Way and Mux8Way16 match up as far pinning the outs and loads in corresponding order.

Out of curiosity I did some googling and found two other peoples HDL for Ram8, pasted them in and they also get the same comparison failure on the same lines.  I have a hard time believing that I've done something wrong, and that two other people confident enough to post their HDL online both made the same error as me without knowing/caring.  I wonder if maybe I have a bad test script, I dunno.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Re: Ram8 comparison failure

culchie
OK
I wonder have your register and bit chips in the same folder as your Ram8 passed their tests as if they are faulty then your Ram8 is not going to work.

Maybe you could try putting your Ram8.hdl into a new folder on its own along with the Ram8.tst and Ram8.cmp and try it again?

Re: Ram8 comparison failure

wjbonner
D'oh.  :)  Thanks for your help, it turns out that after testing my register chip I went back to refactor and left a typo behind me.  Thanks for your help, everything is working now.  :)

Re: Ram8 comparison failure

culchie
Been there, done that! :)
You're welcome!