Software Problems

Rex Morgan
Good day,
               I have recently purchased the book and downloaded the software.  The book arrived a few days ago and I finally got around to installing the software today.  I have been trying to get the software to work without success.  Not sure where I am going wrong.  I have tried this on my Windows machine and on my Ubuntu machine.  I was under the impression (probably wrong) that all I needed to do was download the software and make sure that Java run time environment was installed.  When I double click on a file name, for instance  'HardwareSimulator.sh' (on Ubuntu) what I get is a text editor with the code.

Never mind I figured out in Ubuntu that I needed to make the file executable since I was not placed in the normal place that executable files are stored.