Software for new edition?

Marty Billingsley
The second edition of Elements of Computing Systems will be out next week. So far, no sign of an updated nand2Tetris web site or new software. Anyone know when those might be coming?

(I need to commit soon to which edition I will use for fall classes, and don't want to jump in without trying out new software.)

Re: Software for new edition?

I've reached out to the authors to try to get an answer to this. I'll let you know what I find out.

Re: Software for new edition?

The new software tools probably won't be released for several more months. However, the current tools are compatible with the new edition. I'd recommend adopting the new edition -- it has fleshed out a number of areas that the first edition was too sparse about.