Test Script Language tricks

Is there anyway to get the test script to stop comparing output to a compare file once it has started?

I know how to generate some output that is not to be compared to a compare file and then start comparing to a compare file from some point on. But I need to be able to selectively perform comparisons in order to do what I want, which is to generate performance metrics at the same time that the output is being checked.

Alternatively, is there a way to indicate in the compare file that a particular field doesn't have to match? If not, that would be a nice feature to add. Perhaps have the value be replaced with a hyphen.

Re: Test Script Language tricks

There's no way that I know of to stop comparing.

You can have don't cares in the .cmp file by using '*' which matches anything.  Maybe entire lines of **** could be used to match the performance metric output?

--Mark