The keyboard

virote328
according to (http://retired.beyondlogic.org/keyboard/keybrd.htm)

a keyboard uses its own scan codes.  ie. a space is x"29"

What does the CPU emulator use for the keyboard?

when I press the space bar what gets written to the memory map of the keyboard?
is it the scan code 0x29? or is it the ascii 0x20

It is my goal to make this project work on an FPGA.  Any help you can offer me would be great

Re: The keyboard

The specification for the HACK computer keyboard is that it uses ASCII codes.

A Hardware implementation of the Hack computer will need either to have different system software that matches the physical keyboard actually used, or a hardware translation layer (probably as part of the FPGA) to make the physical keyboard look like the Hack keyboard.

--Mark