Using flex Bison to implement Assembler

Sharan
Hi,
    I am about to start my assembler implementation. I am a bit confused as to the right/efficient approach . FLEX/BISON are tools made to handle structured input. Java gives me at lot libraries to make my work easier.

  I am totally into Systems,  so a few seniors adviced me to use FLEX/BISON as it would be a very handy tool to learn.
  Will using flex-bison affect some other part of the project as in Compiler because I dont think I will be able to build all the APIs that have been specified in the modules of assembler implementation.

Thanks,
Sharan

Re: Using flex Bison to implement Assembler

ybakos
While you could use such tools, I personally don't recommend it. (But it's up to you!)

I support taking a more "brute-force" approach, as there is much to be learned from this.