VMEmulator crashing during animation

stewSquared
The VMEmulator crashes for me when I try to use the "Animate Program Flow" options. A whole load null pointer exceptions are thrown, and there is eventually one that is fatal and halts the execution of the vm code (java program continues to run). It's also runs very slowly, even on the fastest setting. All of the stack traces include javax.swing at the top (which is what led me to turn animation off in the first place). Has anyone had similar problems?

From what I've read around the forums, the included java programs are a little buggy in general, but I haven't had any trouble with the assembler or cpu emulator. java -version outputs:

java version "1.7.0_09"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea7 2.3.4) (ArchLinux build 7.u9_2.3.4-1-x86_64)

TL;DR -- If you're having trouble with the emulators, turn animation off (it's on by default).

Re: VMEmulator crashing during animation

stewSquared
D'oh! I just realized I failed to follow instructions. You're _supposed_ to turn off animation if you're running code that makes use of the screen.