What about tetris?

Lindy
I've looked around, and perhaps i've missed it somewhere, it isn't in the book that I can see, but where does tetris come in?  i don't find any mention of tetris except in the name of the web site.

Cheers,
Lindy

Re: What about tetris?

ybakos
The "NAND to Tetris" suggests that you'll learn about modern computers from the ground up: from logic gates to high level software.

You can choose to build Tetris (as many have) in Jack, the high level language that you use in a later chapter of the book, and for which you will build a compiler.

Re: What about tetris?

Lindy
Ok, now I got it.  It's just a suggestion what could be done, not a specific exercise in the book.  Gotcha. :-)