Who is responsible to store the ASCII code of the currently pressed on keyboard memory address?

Who is responsible to store the ASCII code of the currently pressed on keyboard memory address?

Henoktes722
I was hooked in egg chicken problem, when I try to implement the keyboard module. My question is I'm doing the Keyboard module, so won't I store the pressed key on the keyboard memory(24576). Who is responsible to store the actual pressed on the memory?

Re: Who is responsible to store the ASCII code of the currently pressed on keyboard memory address?

ivant
The hardware does. Even though this address looks like a normal memory address, it's actually mapped to the KB module in the hardware. Similarly, the video RAM is also special, in the sense that what you put there also gets drawn on the monitor.

You might want to revisit chapter 5 of the book (Computer Architecture) to refresh your memory.