Why does the tools package include the CPU emulator when we already have the simulator?

Why does the tools package include the CPU emulator when we already have the simulator?

intelli78
As far as I can tell, the CPU emulator doesn't add any new capabilities. The simulator can do everything the emulator does, unless I'm missing something. Why does the emulator exist at all?

Re: Why does the tools package include the CPU emulator when we already have the simulator?

intelli78 wrote
As far as I can tell, the CPU emulator doesn't add any new capabilities. The simulator can do everything the emulator does, unless I'm missing something. Why does the emulator exist at all?
The CPU Emulator runs very much faster than the Hardware Simulator does when simulating the Hack CPU.

Also, the CPU emulator has the ability to set breakpoints which can greatly aid software debugging.

Re: Why does the tools package include the CPU emulator when we already have the simulator?

intelli78
Mark,

Thank you for your reply.