Why is the sp set to 261 in StaticsTestVME.tst?

kwx

Why is the sp set to 261 in StaticsTestVME.tst?

kwx
Hi

I have written up my vm translator for the StaticTest program. One thing I notice is that in the StaticsTestVME.tst file the sp is initialized to 261, while in the StaticsTest.tst the RAM[0] is set to 256 instead.

The asm file generated by my vm translator will not pass the test unless I update the StaticsTest.tst and initialize the sp (RAM[0]) to 261 and then the test will complete successfully. But I wonder if it is something we expected to do or there is something I have missed out implementing something. Or that is really a mistake to have SP initialized to different values for the VME version and the asm version of the tests.

Thank you very much for your help!

KW

Re: Why is the sp set to 261 in StaticsTestVME.tst?

kwx wrote
Hi

I have written up my vm translator for the StaticTest program. One thing I notice is that in the StaticsTestVME.tst file the sp is initialized to 261, while in the StaticsTest.tst the RAM[0] is set to 256 instead.
Sounds like you may be jumping to Sys.init instead of calling it.

See this forum thread.

-Mark