Yong Bakos

ybakos
I recently proposed this course as an added elective to our CS curriculum at the Colorado School of Mines in Golden, CO. I've been aware of the TECS book and NAND to Tetris presentations/video for quite some time and am happy to report that I'll be teaching this class beginning January 2009.

I'm also glad that we now have a forum, for both students and instructors to get more out of the book.

Thank you, Shimon (et al) for an excellent book and for your generous sharing of class materials.

By the way, in conjunction with the TECS book I also use CODE by Charles Petzold. I find that the two books complement each other very well. I'll post more about my results over the course of the upcoming semester.

Re: Yong Bakos

Shimon Schocken
Welcome aboard! I am pleased to hear that you will teach the course this coming January in Colorado, and we (the TECS team) will be glad to help with tips and tricks. BTW, TECS is not a Shimon et al's project, but rather Noam Nisan and Shimon Schocken's project.