a problem when loading the .asm into the CPUEmulator

a problem when loading the .asm into the CPUEmulator

Ferd
Here is my .asm file. StackTest.asm
And i use the the test script StackTest.tst, when loading the .asm, it sends me a error message
I can't figure out the reason, i'd be appreciated if someone could help me.

Re: a problem when loading the .asm into the CPUEmulator

ivant
Your labels are in the form (@eq0). You should not use the @ character in the label name. Just removing these characters from all labels fixes the test and it passes.

Please remove the source code from your post when you're done.

Re: a problem when loading the .asm into the CPUEmulator

Ferd
Thanks!

Re: a problem when loading the .asm into the CPUEmulator

linuxford
I have found that when having this sort of trouble with error messages that are hard to figure out the problem with the CPUEmulator, I will use the Assembler.sh and be able to then find the issue.

The CPUEmulator will fail but I don't know what line is failing. However, when I use the Assembler, it will take me to the exact line and I immediately see the issue.

FYI, in hopes it will save you time. It took me awhile to figure this out.