can't get ConvertToBin to work?

cpainterwakefield
Hi, I'm trying to test ConvertToBin.  The problem is that I cannot get the code *as supplied* to work as documented.

I used the supplied JackCompiler to compile ConvertToBin.  I then ran the VMEmulator and opened the ConvertToBin directory.  I let the VMEmulator include the OS files as prompted.  I modified RAM[8000] to be 7.  Turned off animation, ran the program.

It halted almost immediately (which doesn't match what the instructions in the .jack file implied), and there were no changes in RAM[8001] - RAM[8016].

What am I doing wrong?

Re: can't get ConvertToBin to work?

ivant
The emulator reports that the program has halted, but you still need to press the stop button. After that, the RAM view is updated and you can check if the value is correct.