hardware simulator messages

utsav
Error messages displayed by HW simulator are in some other language(which i dont understand) and not in english . Also after running test script no output file is created . I guess i could know more about this problem if i could understand the error message displayed .

Re: hardware simulator messages

utsav wrote
Error messages displayed by HW simulator are in some other language(which i dont understand) and not in english . Also after running test script no output file is created . I guess i could know more about this problem if i could understand the error message displayed .
Please post a screen shot. I've never seen a non-English message from the hardware simulator.

Also, if you become a registered forum member, we can exchange email directly.

Re: hardware simulator messages

utsav

i dont know if its some valid language or just gibberish.

Re: hardware simulator messages

At least I can tell you what language it is -- it's English, shifted 1 place:
Joqvuqjot Pvuqvuqjot IEM
Inputpins Outputpins HDL

Ofx tdsjqumpbefe; L;]Vutbw]Oboe'up'ufusjt]oboe3ufusjt]qspkfdut]12]Opu/utu
New scriptloaded: K:\Utsav\Nand_to_tetris\nand2tetris\projects\01\Not.tst
It looks like you have a smashed font. Other than that this looks like the Hardware Simulator should just after loading Not.tst.

What OS are you running?
What version of Java?
Are the window titles screwed up before you load the test script, or only after trying to run the script?
Try running the CPU Emulator and the VM Emulator. Do they show the same font problem?

Re: hardware simulator messages

utsav
oh ! nice !

Windows Vista
Java 7 (update 21)
same problem with CPU & VM Emulator and yes font problem is there even before loading the script.

Re: hardware simulator messages

Very strange.

I'm not a Java programmer, so this becomes guesswork. I think that Java uses the Lucida fonts. Things to try might be to look at the Lucida fonts with Explorer and see if anything looks strange. Maybe try reinstalling Java to see if that corrects the fonts.

Any Java programmers out there have any other ideas?

Re: hardware simulator messages

I just found a Java applet that shows all the installed fonts
    http://mindprod.com/applet/fontshower.html

It might be interesting to scroll through all the fonts it shows, particularly the Lucidas, and see if you see any problems.

It looks like the problem font is a larger bold version of the same font that appears correctly in the rest of the window, so scroll through the bold fonts as well.

Re: hardware simulator messages

utsav
Reinstalling Java didn't work
All Lucidas font worked fine (their bold versions too) but "Arial" font showed the same problem.
text in this app also showed same problem ."bold" appeared as "cpme", "italics" as "jubmjdt"

Re: hardware simulator messages

utsav wrote
Reinstalling Java didn't work
All Lucidas font worked fine (their bold versions too) but "Arial" font showed the same problem.
text in this app also showed same problem ."bold" appeared as "cpme", "italics" as "jubmjdt"
Sounds like you need to reinstall the Arial font. Googling for "Windows 7 Arial font problems" shows lots of hits.

Re: hardware simulator messages

utsav
reinstalling Arial font solved the problem.
-thanx Mark