jack compiler

tsm

jack compiler

tsm
How do I test a class on the linux computers eg if I want to test the String class, I put all the OS .vm files and String.jack and Main.jack from the String test in the same directory and then what do I do with it?

How do I open the Jack compiler/ use the Jack compiler to compile the directory?

How do I do this on linux and how do I do this on windows?

Thanks

Re: jack compiler

ybakos
Have you properly consulted the description for Project 12? It contains all the details you need.
tsm

Re: jack compiler

tsm
I have consulted the description for Project 12. My questions were about step 2 of the section called testing.

Re: jack compiler

ybakos
Put your String.jack class in the projects/12/StringTest directory. The projects/12/StringTest directory should now contain your String.jack and the provided Main.jack.

Next, compile both .jack files with the provided JackCompiler:

./JackCompiler.sh /path/to/projects/12/StringTest

The Jack Compiler is a command line program, and the above command is just an example. It assumes that the tools/JackCompiler.sh is on your PATH. For Windows, you would execute JackCompiler.bat.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.
tsm

Re: jack compiler

tsm