load in ARegister

ngdrummer
I'm testing my CPU.hdl and keep getting a comparison error on line 23 of the .tst file, which consists of an instruction input 0000 0000 0000 1110 and the addressM on the .cmp file actually takes the instruction input, even tho instruction[5] (whether to store the value in A register) is false. Can someone tell me how this happens? I'm having an incredibly difficult time trying to find an appropriate load pin for the ARegister that is NOT instruction[5], however using that pin as the load pin on this .tst script line results in a comparison error.

any nudge in the right direction would be incredibly helpful, and I can email whomever my current .hdl file.

thanks!

Nolan

Re: load in ARegister

ngdrummer
Nevermind, figured it out, has to do with whether it is a C command or an A command instruction, for all those stuck in the same place. Only AFTER figuring that out can you use the destination instruction indexes for loads. ;)  If this is too big of a hint, lmk and I'll take down my post!

Nolan