mult.asm Test

alldp19
I am trying to test my mult.asm program but I get an error 'Mult.hack doesn't exist' when I press the Run button. I can check my program step by step and it works fine. I can't test it using Mult.test script.

Re: mult.asm Test

When you run it manually, are you loading mult.asm, or are you loading mult.hack?

Re: mult.asm Test

alldp19
I am loading mult.asm supplied with project folder 04.

Re: mult.asm Test

And therein lies your problem.

Notice that the error you got when running the test file said that it is trying to load "mult.hack" not "mult.asm" and that it couldn't find it.

Read the instructions on page 74 (in Section 4.4).

The first step is to write the mult.asm file.

The second step is to use the supplied assembler to translate your .asm file into a .hack file.

The third step is to use the test script to test the .hack file.

It sounds like you overlooked the second step.

Re: mult.asm Test

alldp19
Okay, I am sorry. I will read it and will let you know if it works. Thank you!

Re: mult.asm Test

alldp19
It Worked. Thank you.