nand2tetris.org is considered spreading malware by chrome

nand2tetris.org is considered spreading malware by chrome

yusufgandhi
I had this message in chrome when I wanted to visit nand2tetris.org

And below is the detail why it was blocked

I didn't get this message a few days before. Any idea what happened?

Re: nand2tetris.org is considered spreading malware by chrome

yusufgandhi wrote
I had this message in chrome when I wanted to visit nand2tetris.org
"The website ahead contains malware..."
It's being looked into.  Shimon reports:
> Indeed it looks like www.nand2tetris.org has been hacked. Hopefully I will
> sort it out in a few hours. Sigh -- Shimon

Re: nand2tetris.org is considered spreading malware by chrome

Shimon Schocken
Administrator
Indeed some malware has been uploaded to the nand2tetris web site through a compromised FTP account. This is a common and simple attack that affects many random sites; unfortunately we were hit as well. Meanwhile the malicious file has been found and removed it from the server. The www.nand2tetris.org site is now safe and things are back to normal. -- Shimon

Re: nand2tetris.org is considered spreading malware by chrome

yusufgandhi
Thanks a lot for the fast response.

Just want to say thank you also for the unbelievable course. I found this nand2tetris through your inspiring talk in TED. It is a wonderful journey for me in learning how to build a computer from a nand gate.

Thanks once again, Simon!