problem with submission for project0

Andy
Hi All,

I'm new to this coursera course and already having my first problem with the  submission practice programming assignment: Project0. I've downloaded the zip files and saved on my desktop when I try to upload the project0 file what I did was pull directly from nand2teris folder and upload the file.txt but I keep getting error as bad zip file. Please can anyone help, thanks.

Re: problem with submission for project0

If I  remember correctly, you need to make a .zip archive that contains file.txt, and upload the .zip file.

(This is the support forum for the nand2tetris.org site.  Coursera questions should be asked on the Coursera course's forum.  I don't think their TAs read this forum.)

Re: problem with submission for project0

Andy
thanks for your quick reply, but I'm confuse here what do you mean making a .zip archive? do you mean I have to create a new folder on my desktop and put the file.txt into my new folder, saved and compress as a zip folder and submit it my whole new folder? thanks again

Re: problem with submission for project0

Andy wrote
thanks for your quick reply, but I'm confuse here what do you mean making a .zip archive? do you mean I have to create a new folder on my desktop and put the file.txt into my new folder, saved and compress as a zip folder and submit it my whole new folder? thanks again
Sounds like what you want to do.  Google "windows 10 make zip file".

On my Windows 7 system I use a tool called 7zip that runs from the command line.
    http://www.7-zip.org/
It handles other types of archives, too.

Re: problem with submission for project0

Andy
Hi Mark,

For your update, I got it now:) Thanks so much for your advice.

Re: problem with submission for project0

Andy
What I did was I zipped the file.txt assignment only :)