processing speed

andre
how do I measure my processing speed? I have completed my computer.hdl and I wanted to know my processing speed?

Re: processing speed

Maximum simulation speed depends on the computer you use to run the simulator and what else it's doing at the time.

If you want to test simulation speed, write a simple program like a loop (Fill.asm from chapter 4 will work well), determine how many instructions it takes to run, and time how long it takes to run. You can the compute the simulator speed in IPS.

--Mark