program counter

runningdawg
Must admit I am a little baffled by the inc parameter of the PC chip we are utilizing in the CPU project. Chapter 5 tells us that the default operation of the PC is to increase by one with each clock cycle, but
the graph in chapter 3 demonstrates that this can be overridden by some entity that can variously assert/deassert the inc input. Is this input really a function of the architecture of the CPU or of the operating system which is further down the road in the book? If the latter is the case, then what do we assign to this right now other than a boolean?

Re: program counter

culchie
I think that this thread might help

Re: program counter

runningdawg
Ok that was helpful. I didn't think I could get away with just omitting that pin from the declaration but obviously you can.