question about cpu

CLLL
i  write the cpu by HDL but something confused me
if i want A=A+1 does we input A+1 into A register in next clock cycle?
or just input A+1  into A register in the same clock cycle when ALU chip out the A+1
sorry for my bad describe

Re: question about cpu

CLLL
Additional notes

Does 'clock' here mean clock period?

I'm a bit confused if it's the clock period:

1. By experimenting with the given register I found that:if 3 in register and if I give the command "in=1 load=0" in clock cycle 0 and then "in=1 load=1" in clock cycle 0+

result:

clock cycle 0+:3

clock cycle 1: 3

clock cycle 1+:3

clock cycle 2: 1

from these i think the register just do on instruction in one clock cycle

2. According to my understanding, the registers we build will only execute one "in load out" instruction in one clock cycle. So how can we read out the data from the registers and output new data to the registers in one clock cycle?