rect program screenshot inconsistency

bug

rect program screenshot inconsistency

bug
I'm fairly certain that fig 5.11 has an incorrect screenshot.  The rectangle there is 50 high, when the one from the test script should only be 4 high.  Also RAM[0] in the picture has the value 50 when it should be 4.

I spent hours looking for bugs in my HDL, when there weren't any (well maybe there are, but none that would cause it to fail that test).

Other people are probably smart enough to realize that it's the screenshot that is mistaken, not their hardware, but hopefully if someone is confused they will find this post.

Re: rect program screenshot inconsistency

Kovacsics Robert
If I am not mistaken on P101, the caption for fig 5.11 says "[...] a rectangle of width 16 pixels and length RAM[0] [...]", therefore the program is not buggy, rather it works corretly, because it deaws a rectangle of length of 4 for you, and a rectangle of length of 50 when 50 is the value of RAM[0].

Re: rect program screenshot inconsistency

The test was changed to draw only 4 lines instead of 50.  I imagine that this was done because it took the 50 line test too long to run (45 seconds on my PC) and does not provide any significant increase in test quality over the 4 line test.

--Mark