running built-functions from command line ???

running built-functions from command line ???

arikjce
Hi
Is there is a way to avoid , copying all missing system VM files to the directory, when running from the command line  - it is very slow, and causing bugs.

I wish to run the testers from the command line, but I don't know how to let the VMEmulator use built-in functions in this mode.

Thanks

Is there is a way to run the

Re: running built-functions from command line ???

ivant
I don't think there is a way to do that. But you can do the following: copy all the OS .vm files once in a designated directory, then put the .jack files you want to develop/test there and compile them. The jack compiler will override original ones with your versions.

You can create a simple shell/batch script to automate that if you wish.

Re: running built-functions from command line ???

arikjce
Hi
Thanks, but I have already used that solution.
Its much slower, and is causing some unexpected errors

Re: running built-functions from command line ???

What errors are you seeing?

Your OS .vm files should be able to work interchangeably with the supplied .vm files or with the built-in classes.

Two things that may cause problems:
  o  If one of your OS classes requires an init() function that the supplied/built-in Sys class doesn't call.
  o  If your OS classes have different initialization order requirement than the supplied classes.

Re: running built-functions from command line ???

arikjce
Hi
I agree with you, but in my previous courses, some students reported that my command-line tester failed, while doing it with the built in classes worked.
And another thing is the time - there is a significant change - built in classes are much faster.

I thought that I might change the source code, and try to make an automatic built-in usage.

Are any of you one of the software developers? I would love to get an hint on what is the easiest way to do it

Thanks