simulator error? Bit

dmoeller
My instructor showed us how to make the Bit chip. the ouput of the DFF is connected to the load on the Mux before it. When i run this in the hardware simulator, I get cannot connect parts output pin to gates input.

Re: simulator error? Bit

dmoeller wrote
My instructor showed us how to make the Bit chip. the ouput of the DFF is connected to the load on the Mux before it. When i run this in the hardware simulator, I get cannot connect parts output pin to gates input.
HDL does not allow you to use any signal mentioned on the OUT line.
CHIP Bit {
    IN in, load;
    OUT out;        <=======

    PARTS:
    // Put your code here:
}
You must have another "out=" connection on the DFF that can be used to connect to the Mux.
DFF (in=muxOut, out=out, out=dffOut);

Re: simulator error? Bit

dmoeller
I have:
Mux (a=in, b=load, out=W1);
DFF (in=W1, out=load, out=out);

Re: simulator error? Bit

Mux is missing one of its inputs.

Re: simulator error? Bit

dmoeller
aha, yes it is. Sel. but now thinking about it,  I have no idea what sel should be...

Re: simulator error? Bit

Look at the schematic diagram of Bit in figure 3.1.  It shows what the connections to the Mux are.
Since the data inputs, a and b, are not labeled, you need to figure out on your own which one is which.

--Mark