slide deck and/or additional materials

ouverson
I'm going to be giving a presentation to a local tech meetup group a couple of months from now; I was hoping that you had a slide deck and/or additional materials.

Re: slide deck and/or additional materials

None of the copious slides available from the authors' site is suitable for your needs?

Even if I did have something, I would have no idea where to start in trying to help you. You've given no details with which to work, other than it't some kind of tech group. The following are some of the considerations that would be useful in trying to service your request -- they should also be useful to you in organizing your thoughts.

How long is the presentation? A fifteen minute presentation is very different from a fifty minute presentation.

What is the background of the group? Are they mechanically-oriented or electrically-oriented? Are they digital hardware geeks? Programming geeks? Are they practical hands-on technician-level folks, or do they come from a more theoretical engineer-centered standpoint? Is the group pretty homogeneous in their techness or are they a widely disparate group?

What is the goal of the presentation? Are you trying to just generally make them aware of the course and convince them to consider giving it a try? Are you trying to convince them that some part of it is relevant to something they are currently doing? Are you trying to interest people in implementing the processor in hardware? Are you trying to generate interest to find people to extend the course?

With all of this in mind, put together an outline of your talk and then describe what you would like to show in your slides.