"sub bus of an internal node may not be used" Error Considered Annoying

"sub bus of an internal node may not be used" Error Considered Annoying

Paganini
This post was updated on .
CHIP DFF16 {
  IN in[16];
  OUT out[16];
  PARTS:
    DFF(in=in[0],out=out[0]);
    DFF(in=in[1],out=out[1]);
    DFF(in=in[2],out=out[2]);
    DFF(in=in[3],out=out[3]);
    DFF(in=in[4],out=out[4]);
    DFF(in=in[5],out=out[5]);
    DFF(in=in[6],out=out[6]);
    DFF(in=in[7],out=out[7]);

    DFF(in=in[8],out=out[8]);
    DFF(in=in[9],out=out[9]);
    DFF(in=in[10],out=out[10]);
    DFF(in=in[11],out=out[11]);
    DFF(in=in[12],out=out[12]);
    DFF(in=in[13],out=out[13]);
    DFF(in=in[14],out=out[14]);
    DFF(in=in[15],out=out[15]);
}

CHIP Register16 {
  IN in[16],load;
  OUT out[16];
  PARTS:
    DFF16(in=MuxOut,out=MuxInA, out=out);
    Mux16(a=MuxInA,b=in,sel=load,out=MuxOut);

Re: "sub bus of an internal node may not be used" Error Considered Annoying

That sure seems like the hard way to do it.

Re: "sub bus of an internal node may not be used" Error Considered Annoying

Paganini
I got interrupted by a clothing delivery emergency while I was editing it earlier; while I was out driving around I realized I hadn't taken it through to the logical conclusion, so I was just now in the process of improving it when you posted.

Re: "sub bus of an internal node may not be used" Error Considered Annoying

Doesn't it always seem to work out like that?