subroutineCall

Luís Santos
Hi,

The XML files supplied for comparison seem to miss tag subroutineCall. I believe it should be part of the output (check figure 10.5, page 209). Can someone please confirm this (or explain why it shouldn't be there)?

Regards,
Luis

Re: subroutineCall

Luís Santos wrote
The XML files supplied for comparison seem to miss tag subroutineCall. I believe it should be part of the output (check figure 10.5, page 209). Can someone please confirm this (or explain why it shouldn't be there)?
You are correct; there are no XML tags for subroutineCall.

I imagine that it is not there because of the way the authors' original Jack compiler was organized. Notice that the recommended implementation does not include a CompileSubroutineCall() function. Perhaps the 2 cases of subroutineCall were handled in-line in its CompileTerm() function.

Re: subroutineCall

Luís Santos
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

I still think that subroutineCall should be tagged. Anyway, it's a minor thing and I'll move on this wonderful journey. Again, thanks for your support.

Regards,
Luís