tests always failing

Zackarya
When I try to run the test scripts for Project 1 I always get a comparison error.

This is true when I'm using the built in chips or my own code.

The And test fails on the final comparison with its output as 0.
"Comparison failure at line 5"

When I go to the And chip and  enter the states of (a,b) myself and reevaluate them
it comes back with the correct answer of 1.

This happens on all of the chips I've tried so far.

For example Or gives "comparison failure at line 3"

Anyone have any insight?  Any help would be appreciated.

Zack

Re: tests always failing

culchie
That's very puzzling.
Dumb question probably but you haven't done anything to alter your .tst or .cmp files?
That's the only way I can see it happening.

Can you give more details of what platform you are using and exactly what steps you follow to run a test?

Re: tests always failing

Zackarya
Thanks for replying.

I have not altered the test or compare files.

I'm running Widows Vista 64bit and the Hardware Simulator is version 2.5

To run the Hardware Simulator I open a command prompt and run HardwareSimulator.bat

Using And as an example.

I load the And chip from the builtin directory then I load the test script from the project directory.
I then set the view to compare and then run.
I then get the comparison error as stated above.

Thanks for your help.

Zack

Re: tests always failing

culchie
Hi
I think I know what the problem is.
Even though you first load the builtin And chip, the test script then replaces this chip with the one in the same folder where the test script file is.
If you look at the script you'll see that one line in the script is tasked with this.
Go to that folder and rename the (implementation missing) And.hdl file as, eg bAnd.hdl
Now the the test script won't be able to find an And.hdl file in that folder and will then use the builtin one instead

Re: tests always failing

Zackarya
You're right.  That worked.

Thanks a lot for your help.