the *.cmp file

Adina
I don't exactly understand how to use the cmp file?
How does it help me know if my translator's code is correct?
I loaded the .tst file for the vmemulator.
I loaded the .tst file for the cpuemulator.
what am I supposed to do with the .cmp file?

Re: the *.cmp file

Load the xxx.tst file into the CPU emulator. Set "No animation" and "Fast" and then run.

The test script will load your .asm file output from your VM translator.  After running your .asm, its results are compared against the .cmp file.

If you have questions about what a VM command is supposed to do, you can load the xxxVME.tst file into the VM emulator.  That test loads and runs the .vm source file. Single step through the VM source to see what is supposed to be happening in memory.

--Mark