unable to load hdl file after modification

unable to load hdl file after modification

hemasaad
This post was updated on .
before editing the implementation part in the hdl file. I can load the file but after any change I can't load it again to the hardware simulator. can anyone help me?
this is the code after edit

CHIP Or {
    IN a, b;
    OUT out;

    PARTS:
    // Put your code here:
        nand(......., out=);

}
and I get this error message

but the file is at this path

Re: unable to load hdl file after modification

hemasaad wrote
        nand(a=a, b=a, out=nota);
Part names are case sensitive.  You need to une "Nand".

Please edit your post to remove the otherwise correct HDL.

Note that you don't need to use only Nand parts. You are encouraged to use the parts that you have already built and tested to make the HDL more understandable.

Re: unable to load hdl file after modification

hemasaad
Thank you so much cadet1620. I edited the post.now, I can deduce that if there is a syntax error in the implementation I can't load the chip.is it?

Re: unable to load hdl file after modification

Correct.  Syntax (and other) errors in chips, or the chips they use in their PARTS section will cause the load to fail.

The error caused by using nand instead of Nand isn't really a syntax error. On non-windows systems using nand will result in "Chip nand is not found...", which is the correct error.

The problem with Windows is its case-insensitive file names. When the HW simulator reads the "nand" it attempts to open "nand.hdl". Windows finds "Nand.hdl" and opens it. When the simulator loads that chip, it finds the name on the CHIP line is "Nand" which appears to be a semantic error because it doesn't exactly match the name of the file the simulator opened.

Also watch out for your HDL files ending up with the wrong case. I've seen tools like text editors change the case of existing files when you save your edits!!

If you get mysterious "Chip name doesn't match..." errors take a close look at the filename letter case.

Re: unable to load hdl file after modification

hemasaad
It is very simple explanation to the reason of the problem.Thank you so much