we have a mult.asm. Can anyone do it for division.asm

we have a mult.asm. Can anyone do it for division.asm

David-2
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: we have a mult.asm. Can anyone do it for division.asm

David-2
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: we have a mult.asm. Can anyone do it for division.asm

What type of algorithm are you expected to write? The division equivalent of the project 4 Mult.asm would be simple repeated subtraction.
quotient = 0
while dividend >= divisor
    dividend = dividend - divisor
    quotient  = quotient  + 1
This will be really slow for large dividend / small divisor combinations.

Do you have a .tst file that shows what range of values you need to divide?

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: we have a mult.asm. Can anyone do it for division.asm

That sounds like you can use the algorithm I posted above.  The code will
be very similar except that you are incrementing R2 and subtracting R1 from
R0.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: we have a mult.asm. Can anyone do it for division.asm

You must write your own ASM code.  Use the pseudocode I posted above.  Here's a concrete example for 13 / 4 = 3:
dividend divisor quotient
   13   >=  4        0
   -4               +1
    9   >=  4        2
    -4              +1
    5   >=  4        3
    -4              +1
     1  <   4        4
       stop
The final dividend value is the remainder, if it's needed.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: we have a mult.asm. Can anyone do it for division.asm

Labels are case sensitive; you have @Count and @count which are two different variables.

R0>=R1
R0=R0-R1

These are not Hack instructions.  You need to do comparisons by subtracting and using conditional jumps.  What you want is something like.

@R0
D-M
@R1
D=D-M
@END
D;JLT

I highly recommend that you start by writing the pseudocode as comments and then fill in the ASM that does the pseudocode.
// quotient = 0

    @R2 // quotient
    M=0

// while dividend >= divisor {