where to start

ysh443
Hi
after reading chap6, i approach to the project
but, what progmamming language should i use?
and what is this Assembler API mentioned on the book? what is API?
should i build it myself? or should i use it, if so how?

thanks

Re: where to start

I used Python to write my Assembler and other tools. Other languages I know people have used are Java, C++ and Ruby.

API stands for Application Program Interface and is generally used to describe what functions are available for one program to use services from another. For example, a Word Processor would call functions in the Windows API to read and write files and to display text on the screen and get input from the user.

In this case, API is just the description of a suggested interface between parts of your assembler.

--Mark