zr and ng bits on the ALU output

Malco
Hey all,
I bought this book to get rid of some holes in my knowledge. So far I'm enjoying it.

SPOILER ALERT

I went through chapter 1 and most of chapter 2 smoothly, but the discussion never mentions the ZR nor the NG output bits of the ALU.

so, NG is the leftmost bit of OUT, that was easy. What about ZR? should I sum all other bits one by one?

Re: zr and ng bits on the ALU output

Malco wrote
What about ZR? should I sum all other bits one by one?
You made a part in chapter 1 that will tell you if an 8-bit value is non-zero.  Combine the outputs from two of them to compute ZR.

Re: zr and ng bits on the ALU output

Malco
Thank you cadet, that was easy