4way Demux using Demux

cygnus
Hi,

Is there any other way(possibly using simple demux) to implement 4way demux other than this method?

Re: 4way Demux using Demux

The method you used to make your DMux4Way is going to be rather cumbersome to make a DMux8Way.

You're on the right track to think about using DMux to make DMux4Way, and a similar method to make DMux8Way.  Think about how a tree grows.

Re: 4way Demux using Demux

cygnus
Hi Mark,

I'm afraid I couldn't catch the hint.  Would you mind elaborating more on the implementation part? The multiple output of demux makes it hard to me to visualize it unlike other gates seen until now.

Re: 4way Demux using Demux

Did you make your Mux4Way16 and Mux8Way16 out of Mux16 chips?  Mirror image those circuits, swapping inputs for outputs (and only 1 bit wide, of course).

Re: 4way Demux using Demux

linuxford
Thanks for the tip on mirroring of the Muxes to get the DMuxes. And also thank you for all the tips in the various previous replies to other people's posts. I've been reading those and they've been very helpful.

Re: 4way Demux using Demux

ysh443
Hi Mark
i implemented my DMux4way using a Xor and 3 Dmuxes
how can i know if my implementation is ok

is that the best way?

regards

Re: 4way Demux using Demux

ysh443 wrote
i implemented my DMux4way using a Xor and 3 Dmuxes
how can i know if my implementation is ok

is that the best way?
In general, if your implementation passes the test script, you part is OK. Specifically, the solution talked about in this post is just 3 DMuxes. Don't spend too much time on it, though. Working on DMux8Way may give you insight that will let you go back and improve your 4Way.

Re: 4way Demux using Demux

ammarr
thanks alot

as you said

its a Tree that splits 2 branches every time it grows, this example clicked with me

in the image below V is a Dmux

DMux4Way = 2 x 2 = 4

   || ||
    V V
    | |

 you can get it with 3 Dmux Chips

DMux8Way = 2 x 2 x 2 = 8

  ||  ||  ||  ||
   V  V   V   V
   |__|   |__|
     V       V
     |__  __|

 you can get it with 7 Dmux Chips

hope this helps explains

this completes my first chapter.

Thanks

Re: 4way Demux using Demux

Think about using the parts you just made. With DMux4Way and DMux you can make DMux8Way with 3 parts instead of 7.

Re: 4way Demux using Demux

ammarr
thanks alot

i was having trouble sending the sel[2] to the DMux4way, but now i figured it out
and yeah now its 3 parts only 1 Dmux and 2 DMux4way

Regards

Re: 4way Demux using Demux

Mikey2520
Exact same method dude!

Re: 4way Demux using Demux

canbax
Thanks folks for clues.

I just wanted to say that tree grows from root to leaves Thinking in this way might be more intuitional