8WayOr Out is always 0

gilbe2kj
This post was updated on .

Somehow my HDL code is not properly running these or functions and always setting the result to 0, causing my entire code to be pointless.

HDL Code Pasted Below

Edit:
Did not realize all .hdl files had to have functionality mapped, I thought we were just using syntax from an established library. thanks for the clarification.

Re: 8WayOr Out is always 0

Your Or8Way.hdl is correct and passes on my system.

Do you have Or.hdl implemented and tested in the same directory as Or8Way?  The output stuck at zero is consistent with having the skeleton Or.hd that has no implementation.

If you have questions about a part failing because of parts it uses, you can put the part you are testing in a subdirectoy with nothing in it except the the part's .hdl, .tst, and .cmp files.  This will force it to use the built-in parts.

Please edit your post to remove the working HDL. We want students to do their own work.

--Mark