All simulators just show a blank window

Andrew
I'm running Arch linux and when I run any of the simulators either with the shell scripts or my own java command with different tweaks to the classpath even I just get a blank grey window and no error message.

Here's some more information that might help:

uname -a
  Linux GLaDOS-Arch 3.9.8-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Jun 27 21:37:31 CEST 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

java -version
  java version "1.7.0_25"
  Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode

echo $CLASSPATH
  .

tree ~/nand2tetris/tools/
  http://pastebin.com/YU5anUfP (it's a long output, obviously)

I don't know what else might help, let me know if you need any more information.

Re: All simulators just show a blank window

Andrew
Turns out my problem was a bug with DWM (a tiling window manager that I use) and AWT not with the nand2tetris applications.

For future reference using "wmname LG3D" before running the application fixed my problem and I got that info from this post http://lists.suckless.org/dev/1002/3209.html

Here's some extra information courtesy of the Arch Linux wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Java#Impersonate_Another_Window_Manager