Am I doing Not.hdl editing right?

EverTiCus
From a Noob to those who have ascended,

Having a struggle with the editing of Not.hdl, and I'm not sure whether it's a Java (running on Windows7) error or I'm editing the .hdl file incorrectly.

After I edited the .hdl file and load it, the notification bar at the bottom merely says 'Loading'.
I don't want to go ahead and post the PARTS syntax which I edited, but here comes my request. Could someone give me some advise on the proper syntax for the function which needs to be edited? I have a good grasp of jQuery and Java, but I have tried various different formats to the syntax (even pasting it from the provided handbook) and still it's 'Loading'

I would appreciate any help !_!

Re: Am I doing Not.hdl editing right?

ybakos
I you're trying to validate your chip implementations, use the HardwareSimulator to load the .tst files, not the .hdl files.

Re: Am I doing Not.hdl editing right?

EverTiCus wrote
After I edited the .hdl file and load it, the notification bar at the bottom merely says 'Loading'.
When the Hardware Simulator hangs when loading an HDL file, it means that there is an infinitely recursive dependency in the part.  In this case, I suspect that you have a Not in the PARTS section of your Not.hdl.

When you are building your Not, the only part that you have available to use in the PARTS section is the Nand. Your Not.hdl should look like this:
    CHIP Not {

        IN  in;
        OUT out;

        PARTS:
        Nand(a=something, b=something, out=out);
    }
I leave it to you to figure out what the somethings are.

--Mark