An output pin may only be fed once by a part's output pin error when trying to implement DMux8Way

An output pin may only be fed once by a part's output pin error when trying to implement DMux8Way

nblackburn
I am getting the error:
 An output pin may only be fed once by a part's output pin error on line 23 <br>
I can semi-understand why I am getting this error since I am using both output pints from the mux gate but when I use another mux gate and then parse in the b output pin from that new mux gate, I still get the same error.

CHIP DMux8Way {
    IN in, sel[3];
    OUT a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h;

    PARTS:
    DMux(in=in, sel=sel[1], a=outA, b=outB);
    DMux4Way(in=outA, sel=sel[0..1], a=a, b=b, c=c, d=d);
    DMux4Way(in=outB, sel=sel[0..1], a=e, b=f, c=e, d=h); // This is line 23, where the error is occuring

Re: An output pin may only be fed once by a part's output pin error when trying to implement DMux8Way

dolomiti7
It looks as if you have accidentally assigned output pin "e" twice in that line (from a and c). That is likely causing the error.

Other than that, have a look which bits of the "sel" input you are connecting (it is syntactically correct, but probably not as intended)

Re: An output pin may only be fed once by a part's output pin error when trying to implement DMux8Way

nblackburn
Thank you for your swift reply. I did not notice the "e" pin error. And thank you for your input on the sel. I have corrected it and now it is working.