Any Decent Tool to Draw Gates & Logic Circuits?

Any Decent Tool to Draw Gates & Logic Circuits?

Warren Toomey
Can anybody recommend a decent tool to draw logic circuits with gates? I'm after something that is free or open source, and runs on Linux or BSD. I've tried Dia, xfig, tkgate, and they are all somewhat painful. A tool where you can label lines/busses, and design black-box "chips" with input/output pins so that they can be used as components would be great.

Re: Any Decent Tool to Draw Gates & Logic Circuits?

Eric T.
Try Logisim. It's open source and easy to use.

Re: Any Decent Tool to Draw Gates & Logic Circuits?

culchie
I found this website to be excellent:

Re: Any Decent Tool to Draw Gates & Logic Circuits?

Warren Toomey
Thanks for the suggestion. It's a pity that it doesn't output .eps files, but I can redirect printer output to a file and do some hand massaging.

Now we need a program to convert .hdl files into some graphical form :-)

Re: Any Decent Tool to Draw Gates & Logic Circuits?

Kostyantyn
ktechlab is a nice tool as well. As far as I am concerned it is included to some standard (at least Debian) repositories.

Re: Any Decent Tool to Draw Gates & Logic Circuits?

@_ty
Thank you for these. I was looking for this when I got to the Mux8Way16 :P