CPU additional testing

Kostyantyn
I have managed to create a CPU which passed its test, but failed Computer ones
and and I have spent quite a while, trying to figure out waht was wrong.
Apparently the error I had was in the jump specification, which was not fully
examined in the test from the book, so I have created an additional test which
does that testjump.zip

Re: CPU additional testing

Warren Toomey
Thanks Kostyantyn. I tried it out on my own CPU/Computer, and it also passed your new tests.

Re: CPU additional testing

Jonathan
Thank you for the additional testing it seems my CPU also passed its test but not the computer test.  I did notice your CPUnomemory.tst file has some problems.  Replace the first several lines with:

load CPU.hdl,
output-file CPUnomemory.out,
compare-to CPUnomemory.cmp,
output-list time%S0.4.0 instruction%B0.16.0 pc%D0.4.0 DRegister[]%D0.3.1;

The problem was that there was no comma after the compare-to line and the DRegister output was in a different format from the compare-to file.