CPU-external test

ninelegs
Hi,
I've built the memory chip and the CPU. The CPU.tst completes successfully but not the CPU-external test. I'm not clear at what point in the build process the external tests are supposed to be run. Should this test complete before building the computer?
Thanks

Re: CPU-external test

The CPU-external test is an alternative that only needs to be used if your CPU does not use the built-in ARegister and DRegister chips.

It is interesting that your CPU passes CPU.tst but fails CPU-external.tst.

Could you please send me your CPU.hdl and these files test files:
    CPU.tst
    CPU.cmp
    CPU-external.tst
    CPU-external.cmp
and I'll figure out what's wrong with the test files, or if it's a problem with your CPU.hdl.

(It's easier to directly email the files as attachments to  rather than use forum email that doesn't allow attachments.)

Re: CPU-external test

There was an old version of the CPU-external test on the web site. It was corrected in late October, but I was too asleep last night to remember that.

--Mark