Can't get programs to run

Hello,

I'm trying to get the hardware simulator up and running for Chapter 1, but I'm having trouble doing so.  As far as I can tell, I've got everything set correctly: the program is in its own directory and I've got Java up-to-date.  Whenever I try to launch the .bat file, after clicking its ok to run the file, the command prompt window flashes on the screen and disappears.  What am I missing/doing wrong?

Re: Can't get programs to run

ybakos
Run the simulator from the command prompt rather than double-clicking the .bat file. There's some Java error output you need to see.

Re: Can't get programs to run

Thank you.

Ran it in CMD and got the ''java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.'

I checked my JRE and discovered I didn't have the 64-bit version.

Thanks again!