Can't insert data in the CPU Emulator

Yishail12
Hi there,

The title pretty much sums the problem - any data I write in the CPU Emulator (ROM) disappears immediately when I press enter. This also means that when I import an .asm file, the CPU Emulator (ROM) stays empty...

Do you have any idea what I can do?

Thanks!
Yishai

Re: Can't insert data in the CPU Emulator

How are you trying to write to the CPU ROM?

How are you trying to "import" an .asm file?

Are you sure the file has valid assembly instructions in it?

Re: Can't insert data in the CPU Emulator

Yishail12
Hi,
thank you very much!

I tried writing in both ways - writing inside the CPU ROM and importing an .asm file.

For some reason I can now write inside the CPU ROM and import some files, but others files don't work.. (Such as Fill.asm from project 4 - the CPU Emulator just ignores when I import it..)

Thanks,
Yishai

Re: Can't insert data in the CPU Emulator

Have you edited Fill.asm so that it contains valid assembly instructions?

Re: Can't insert data in the CPU Emulator

Yishail12
This post was updated on .
Indeed.

Re: Can't insert data in the CPU Emulator

Yishail12
Thanks, the problem has been solved.

I unzipped the whole nand2tetris folder, and then the CPU didn't have the bug.

Thanks a lot!
Yishai