Can't load hdl file

stephan
Hi,

I edited the Not.hdl file in Project 01 as follows:

CHIP Not {
    IN in;
    OUT out;

    PARTS:
    Nand (a = a,
          a = b,
          out = out);
}

I can't load it. Before I edited it, I could load the template.

Thanks.

stephan

Can't load hdl file

stephan
Hi, I edited the Not.hdl file in Project 01 as follows: CHIP Not { IN in; OUT out; PARTS: Nand (in = a, in = b, out = out); } I still can't load it. Before I edited it, I could load the template. Thanks. stephan

Re: Can't load hdl file

See this reply. Also read the Hardware Construction Survival Kit if you haven't.

Re: Can't load hdl file

stephan wrote
Thanks, Mark. So, now I know that when there is a syntax error somewhere, the hdl file does not load.
You should see an error message in the status line at the bottom of the Hardware Simulator window:
Hardware Simulator screen shot showing error message

If you can't see the bottom of the window on your system, see this post.

Re: Can't load hdl file

stephan
Hi Mark,

Thanks, again. Now I can see the error message.

stephan

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:04 AM, cadet1620 [via Nand2Tetris Questions and Answers Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
stephan wrote
Thanks, Mark. So, now I know that when there is a syntax error somewhere, the hdl file does not load.
You should see an error message in the status line at the bottom of the Hardware Simulator window:
Hardware Simulator screen shot showing error message

If you can't see the bottom of the window on your system, see this post.

http://nand2tetris-questions-and-answers-forum.32033.n3.nabble.com/Can-t-load-hdl-file-tp4025718p4025722.html
To unsubscribe from Can't load hdl file, click here.
NAML